SEND Karma! is a bespoke service that is person-centred and led by families. It could include things like:-
- Practical help with family days out or at home (need to organise all that paperwork?)
- Advocacy in important meetings, helping you feel supported to have your say when it really counts
- Disability and Carers Rights information, with hints and tips to get the best outcomes
- Creative, cost-effective ideas to help with working together with services and meeting your child’s needs
- Help with understanding how to access assessments and what to do if you don’t get the result you need
- Applying for grants and benefits including Disability Living Allowance, Personal Independent Payment etc
- Form filling and jargon-busting, making sense of the language professionals use
- Signposting and support to access local activities and groups – a friendly face in a sea of strangers
- Help for parent-led groups to set up or to improve to be as inclusive and welcoming as possible to parents
If you are looking for support that is not on this list, ask!
- Affordable sliding scale of prices – capped packages of support available if required.
- Unlike other statutory and voluntary organisations, SEND Karma!’s support is not limited to a short period of intervention.
- SEND Karma! is not governed by grant conditions or eligibility criteria. Your family don’t have to fit into any pigeonholes here!
- Reliable and pro-active. If I say I will do something, I will do it – and no waiting list!
- Pragmatic, no-nonsense approach to problem-solving
- Built on robust foundations of tried and tested successes
- Authentic, genuine and dedicated to meet your family’s needs
- Giving parents easy to understand, no-jargon information